Welcome to 2014…and to a ton more reads this year! I thought I’d kick off the year with a little book survey on Pretty Little Memoirs to set the mood for my anticipations for the year of books!
Feel free to take part by copying the picture (or making your own) and don’t forget to leave your link in the comments so I can stop by!
1. My most highly anticipated read of 2014
It’s most definetely got to be Isla and the Happily Ever After. I’ve been dying to read this for soooo long. It’s release date was changed a few times so I’m praying it’s going to be released in March like Goodreads says, because I just love Stephanie’s books. *fingers crossed*
2. The top three books I’m looking forward to this year that I’ve featured on my blog (either in saying or in a Waiting on Wednesday post, etc)
3. Anticipated 2014 Contemporary
I am beyond excited for Huntley Fitzpatrick’s What I Thought Was True. My Life Next Door set a very high bar, so I’m in high anticipation for this one.
4. Anticipated 2014 Dystopian
I just started this series (with the reviews to come soon this month!) so I’m going to race to get this when it’s out. Tahereh Mafi has just become one of my top favourites so quickly.
5. Most anticipated new (to me or completely new) author of 2014
I’ve seen this one around for so long, and I just need to find out what it’s like already!
6. The last in a series I’m reading this year
AHH. I am counting the days!
7. Looking back on 2013; favourite author I’m looking forward to reading more of
I read Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour in Summer 13′, and I got Second Chance Summer recently, too, and ultimately fell for Morgan’s writing style and addictive characters.
8. A series (new or old) that I must start this year
I totally missed this series while everyone was loving it, so feeling Christmas-y, I got myself the six-series pack and am planning something in the challenge-ish side of things for Vampire Academy. Oh, and that film trailer! I will be in line so fast for it.
9. A standalone book that I missed out on / haven’t read (and everyone loves)
How did I not read this?!
10. Book that set a high level for being amazing, that I’m looking for a book to outdo
Katie is up there with my very favourite authors, and I’ve been addicted to the Pushing The Limits series ever since book one. Crash Into You just blew me away, and I can’t wait for the series to continue with Take Me On this year!
11. Three things I hope happen on my blog this year (book-related or not)
1. Lots of challenges – like I said up with my Vampire Academy feature, I want to take more reading risks! That’s how favourites are found, when I’m least looking for them.
2. All the anticipated releases knock the others off the shelf – I love it when a series is constantly trumped with every new addition, so with a lot of series coming to an end or expanding this year, I’m hoping they’ll all blow the competition away.
3. Newfound everything – I’m just looking forward to finding new blog’s that I love, new music, new books, new everything.
12. Best thing I learnt about books from 2013
The best thing I learnt was that there is no limit to how creative and imaginative a novel can be and that you can’t know when a book is going to sneak up on you and be like I’m your new favourite! Sky’s the limit.
So, if you feel like picking your anticipations for 2014 or just joining in for fun, post your link in the comments so I can visit your blog!